CAT Mulchers are designed for high-performance cutting and mulching vegetation and undergrowth from typical wooded terrain. The hydraulic mulcher reduces saplings, shrubs and trees into mulched material, making it ideal for environmental maintenance, such as creating fire lanes. Other applications include: reclaiming untilled land, removing foliage from building construction sites, and shredding pruned material and organic waste for biomass production.
CAT Bite Limiter Mulchers feature bite limiting plates, which restrict the mulcher teeth cut-depth to control the rate of material processing. This restriction significantly reduces stalling and recovery time, and allows Bite Limiter Mulchers to increase productivity for both new and experienced operators.
- Skid Steer Loaders
- Compact Track Loaders
Rugged mulching head
Multiple drum styles
- Rugged mulching head processes trees up to 200 mm (8 in) diameter for effective land clearing applications.
Dual speed, axial piston hydraulic motor
- Bite limiter - Limits the amount of material being processed at once to reduce stalls and recovry time.
- Standard drum - Utilizes maximum cut depth available to process material.
Adjustable pin-style push frame
- Dual spped, axial piston motor provides smooth, efficient performance while delivering optimal torque under changing material loads. On bite limiter models, the drum speed has increased by 25% to produce finer material and reduce stalls.
Color-coded pressure gauge
- Standard adjustable push frame allows for control of trees for optimal cutting and efficiency. The pin-style segments provide the opportunity to control which section of teeth are cutting, improving tooth life.
Hydraulically operated front hood
- Color-coded pressure gauge is sstandard equipment and provides operator feedback in order to maximize productivity. With green, yellow, and red regions, the operator has indication of the load being applied to the mulcher and if adjustments can be made to maximize productivity in changing material loads.
CAT XTTM-3 ES hose, couplings and O-ring face seals
- Hydraulically operated front hood is standard (standard drum mulchers only) and the linkage is enclosed in the frame of the mulcher on High Flow models. The quick to open and close door allows for finer finished material to be produced from cutting all types of vegetation.
Dual inboard counter knives
- CAT XT-3 ES hose, couplings and O-ring face seals provide superior leak-free performance and reliability. All hoses are wrapped with nylon woven cordura sleeving for added operator protection. Hydraulic quick disconnects enable fast tool changes.
Lockable service panel
- Serrated strips continue to cut mulched material when circulating through drum producing finer mulch with fewer passes.
Adjustable and replaceable skid shoes
- Hinged and lockable service panel allows easy access to hoses and tool OMM. Lockable with your CAT key, the service panel allows easy access to drive train components during service and inspection.
- Allows operator to control ground height to accommodate different types of terrain.
Rear chain guard protection
- Serrated steps allow for safe and easy access in and out of the cab.
- Rear chain guard protection reduces spread of material.